November 24 2021 – CalfFly
- Cookies Ingredients
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, slightly softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional, but makes the flavor outstanding)
- 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2.Divide in two pieces. Smaller sections of dough are easier to roll out.
3.Roll out cookie dough. Roll it out to 1/4 inch thick or just under 1/4 inch thick.
4.Chill rolled out cookie dough. Without chilling, these cookie cutter sugar cookies won’t hold their shape. Chill the rolled out cookie dough for at least 1-2 hours and up to 2 days.
5.Cut and press into shapes. You have serious of cutter choices in the Flycalf.
6.Bake & cool. Depending on size, the cookies take about 12 minutes.
7.Decorate. Or you can color the icing if desired or just begin decorating.
- Easy Icing Ingredients
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (omit and replace with water for stark white icing)
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup*
- 2 – 2.5 Tablespoons (30-38ml) room temperature water
- pinch salt*
8.Let the icing dry.
- Notes:If the frosting is too thin, you can add a small amount of powdered sugar to control the consistency. If the frosting is too dry, add a small amount of lemon juice to make it thin.